Sunday, February 26, 2012

An Ode To Bookstores


I am departing, oh-so-briefly, from my regularly scheduled program of weekly posts to direct your attention to a delightful piece in praise of bookstores that ran in this morning's Sunday Oregonian.  It was written by Portland author Bart King.  It's called "More Than a Store, a Place to Bask In Books."  As someone who loves to browse in bookstores and see where they take me, and the daughter of someone who can easily spend an entire day in a bookstore and typically must be dragged out, I LOVED this little gem.  Check it out by clicking on the title of King's article above.  See you next Friday, if not sooner!

-Cindy


2 comments:

  1. Have you seen this article? It's a quick list of places I'd love to visit so that I could bask in books.

    http://flavorwire.com/254434/the-20-most-beautiful-bookstores-in-the-world?all=1

    Kate
    happenence.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO MUCH for this link! Brought tears to my eyes. I've now decided that, if I ever get the money for a world tour, I'm using this list. Gives me hope.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Contributors